And again I am changing my website. At first, I used WordPress, migrated to Django and now I am using Jekyll.
I wanted to make it bilingual and simple. Besides, I always like to learn new tech things.
It covers all my motivation.
I wanted to learn it because a lot of people use it for GitHub. Several GitHub pages use it, so it is one more reason (over other static site generators alternatives).
- My site is now open-source;
- Cheap (S3 site, instead of EC2 running Docker);
- Versioned (git);
- CI/CD integration (GitLab Pipeline)
- High availability (99,99% according to AWS);
- Fast (tested with PageSpeed Insights - 63/100 improved to 89/100);
- It is Markdown.
The site is the same. I am keeping the old content, but not translating. New content will be bilingual.
The layout is not the best. It is simple (the default from Jekyll). I hope to work on it, but not for now.
I expect to post more. I am looking for new job and I think this will be a good opportunity to show myself. My next post will be about integrating static website with CloudFlare (that is what I am using for now).
Hope everybody likes it :)